- Stone Restoration and refinishing
- COMMERCIAL - RESIDENTIAL - POST CONSTRUCTION
- Experts in stonecare in Chicago and Chicagoland suburbs
flooring - counter tops - master baths
- Specialize in cleaning of stains - grout repair - wet grind
removal of scratches
- Professional manual and machine deep cleaning
- Polishing of all natural stone and honing to a diffuse shine
- Marble, Granite, Limestone, Travertine, Slate, Quartzite, Terrazzo, Onyx, and others
- Lippage, uneven tiles, removal
- Repair of chips on furniture, fireplaces
- Protecting surrounding surfaces (carpets, wood, walls, etc.) during the restoration process
Restoration and Maintenance
of natural stone
Chicago & suburbs
copyright 2010-2011 Stone Specialists, LLC contact us
The Stone Specialists use industrial ceramic diamonds for both grinding and polishing -- using different grades to provide a range of different natural lusters.
Natural lusters include High gloss that is highest in reflectivity (some stones are too porous for high gloss). Low gloss is less reflective. High, Medium, Low Satin that is very shiny but reflectivity is not as clear. Eggshell Patina - just a touch of luster. No Luster is a Honed surface meaning it is wet ground but left luster-free.
Maintaining these lusters varies. For instance, commercial clients may need maintenance frequently while residential clients generally need a full restoration once a year and a deep clean and seal every 6 months.
Double click here to add text.